Saturday, April 4, 2009

Long Time No See...

Wow, it's been awhile. Didn't realize how long until i saw the date from my last post was from January.

Since then, I've started school (hence the lack of posting) and now the semester is half over. This week was spring break and I can't say I used it all that productively, except for working out. Which leads me to spending this entire weekend catch up on all that I should've been steadily working on. Procrastination at it's finest!


I ran my 4th half marathon back on March 16. I can say I'm rather pleased at the result - a new PR! I ran it in 2hrs 21 minutes, for a 10:48 pace, something I didn't think possible when I ran that race the first year.


I've also found out in the last month or so that my brother's girlfriend is pregnant. Normally this would be good news but my brother is only 20 yo, lives at home while working part time and going to school, and his g/f just barely turned 18, never had a job in her life, and just lost her golf scholarship to sac state. I think the shock has worn off and a very very small part of me is excited to know that I could be an aunt. Scary, yes..but gotta make the best of it.

The funny thing is my parents had a joke years ago about which of the 2 of us would have a child first. I don't know who should've been more insulted - me or my brother, but alas, I don't think it was what anyone expected. We are planning to have children after i'm done with school sometime next year but our situation is only slightly different. Ok, a lot different - I'm married, 31 years old, and my husband and I have steady jobs with good salaries.


I fully intended to run one race a month but the last few weeks my motivation has been lacking. I still love running but I think the structure of training for the half has me burnt out on having to run by a schedule rather than just doing what I want. So, one race a month (approximately), is what it has become. My next one will probably be May 3rd - the Fair Oaks Fiesta Sun Run. It's a 5-mile race in Fair Oaks, complete with aptly named hills - Grand Daddy Hill, Hernia Hill, The Beast and Last Gasp. Bring 'em on!


Ok time to get back to work..hopefully it's not another 2 months before I post again but I make no promises. Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts!

1 comment:

atrusni said...

Hey, you will be happy with your brothers baby when he/she arrives. Babies to strange things to families, they usually bring a lot of joy to all of the family members.

Keep on running, and blogging!

web.me.com/amaurydeleon