Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to what I know...and love

Well, I finally broke down. After a year or so without a gym membership, I finally caved and joined one (befitting with the true theme of "new years resolutions"). I loved having access to a gym when I canceled our membership (our implying my husband went once the entire year we had it) but the gym itself left a lot to be desired.

So this time, I decided to raise my standards and pay a little more for somewhere better. It's only been a few days and I can say I'm impressed and am anxious to utilize everything they have to offer. I'm also hoping it helps my running since I'll have access to more/different avenues of exercising and keep me from being bored as well. I'm sure I'll have more to say on that when I've been there awhile.

On the running front, things are better. I've resolved to run a race every month this year so that has me excited, too. My first will be next weekend, a 10K benefiting the ALS (I can't remember what it stands for) or better known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Tomorrow I'm going to do a 5-miler to ensure things are ok and I am ready. Then, in February, I'll be doing a 4-miler on Valentine's day, and March will be the ShamrockN Half Marathon the weekend before my birthday. So far so good on the resolution front.

I've also ordered new running shoes to kick off the new year. The Asics 2140, an update to a shoe I have and love so i'm hoping these are just as good. Hopefully they didn't change too much. That also reminds me that it's time to clean out the closet of shoes past...oh what exciting times.

No comments: